Page 1 of Levels of Risk Sheet


Page 2 of Levels of Risk Sheet

Context:

This activity was conducted in our first tutorial of this ENG 2003 course. We had to identify the most stressful situations vs. the least stressful situations from the ones listed on the worksheet. We would rank them, or simply identify as high (H) or low (L) stress situations, and then as a group, discuss which ones we chose and why. 

  Reflection 
_______________

This was a great way to start the course as it helped to identify which types of communication skills or situations we may need to improve upon and tackle specifically throughout the course, and also reflect upon things that are already a strength. I found the most stressful situation for me to be the panel interview as at the time, I had no experience attending an interview with multiple interviewers as I do now. Right now, I don’t find them as stressful as I did at the beginning of the course as I have attended a few panel interviews due to my co-op job search. However, they are still probably most stressful out of that list. From this activity I learned that the more experience you have with something, the more comfortable you will be in that situation and the effect of stress will be much lower. This is important in our daily lives whether it is driving safely, giving presentations, or attending an interview, as the more prepared and experienced you are, the less stress you will feel and with more confidence comes a greater chance of success. 

Leave a Comment...

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments